Hey y’all! It’s been a while, hasn’t it…
Just wanted to let you know that UCLA Circle K recently submitted a video for Circle K International’s Commercial Contest, and we’re now among the finalists! The grand prize is $500, and of course, we can’t do this without YOU! We need YOUR help to "LIKE" this video. We promise it’s a cute and fun commercial - Your time won’t go to waste! :)
Please to go the link provided above to watch and like the video! Spread the word by reblogging on Tumblr, sharing it on Facebook with all your friends, and maybe even tweeting about it on Twitter!
Thanks everyone! ♥
In regards to the previous post about Pillow Fight 2012, we had typed “Thank you to Steven Le of SFHS from D4W for the awesome design! :)”
There was a slight misunderstanding because Steven Le is actually from SFHS KIWIN’s Jet Division! Sorry about that, S.Le!
If you’ve reblogged this post, please edit with this correction please! Thank you :)
If you have, come on by to the Buenos Aires room in the Sunset Recreation Center for Cafe Jurassique and New Member Induction Ceremony!
For comments, questions, and concerns, please reply to this blog post and/or check out our website http://uclacki.org!
1) Dedication: You’ve been dedicated to a Kiwanis Sponsored organization for many years already and there’s a reason for that, why not try out the next branch for a little before you dismiss it?
2) More opportunities to actually meet people from all over: More district events + more inter-clubbing (going to other clubs events) = More opportunities to meet and see people again to form lasting friendships.
3) You can purple!: No seriously. Long gone are the rules of guys in girls rooms and girls in guys rooms. Oh and there’s no more curfew so stay out as long as you want. Freedom is amazing.
4) See Old Faces: Remember those friends you met at DCON or Fall Rally? Come join CKI and have them join too! even if you go to different schools you can see them again and have fun!
5) Make Connections: Connect with not only CKIers but Kiwanians and other members of the Kiwanis Family again. Form connections that could in the future land you an internship or maybe even a job.
6) Spirit: Through what other organization can you lose your voice and be sore at the same time? Long gone are the days when we repeat “We got spirit” and “How do you feel” over and over, cheers have gotten more creative. Spirit’s had an overhaul in college and it’s waiting for you to join in!
6) Find a home away from home: Your not just joining a club, your joining a family, find some of the most caring people you’ll ever meet. In college it may be hard to find familiarity and you might get lost along the way. No matter what CKI is waiting with open arms to greet you and make you feel better. There will always be someone there for you. No pain/pledging necessary.
7) Explore: Discover your community around you! Go out through CKI to do service, eat at different parts of the community. Find out what’s special about the city your in for college. Don’t be stuck in the bubble of your dorm and campus!
8) Serve: Lastly but most importantly serve your community. Fall back in love with service, selfless service. Find out what service without the ulterior motive of college apps is like. It’s refreshing to serve again.
Notice how I said “try”? Try CKI for a quarter/semester maybe you’ll end up loving it and maybe you won’t try it for a little! if not there’s no harm!
Now here’s my challenge for you: Don’t just go out to a meeting or two, at least go out to a few service projects, a few socials, a district event or two, and at the very least make a friend. Don’t just try CKI, Get to know CKI. Like anything in life you only get what you put into it. So take that effort and get to know CKI, Trust me you won’t regret it. ;D
AND Come out to UCLA CKI’s First General Meeting tonight (9/29/11) at 6pm in Moore 100.
Here are some wise words from our 2011-2012 Secretary, David Limjoco :)